A Firefighter performs a variety of technical and physical skills when participating in fire suppression, rescue or prevention activities. In addition, the Fire Fighter may be asked to participate in a variety of administrative and supervisory duties while assisting with the planning, organizing, directing, and implementing of Fire Department programs and activities.
Minimum qualifications to complete the probationary period of a Sister Bay & Liberty Grove Fire Fighter:
1) Minimum 18 years old.
2) High School diploma or equivalent.
3) Ability to obtain a Wisconsin Driver’s License.
4) Complete the Sister Bay & Liberty Grove Fire Departments Minimum Core Competency Standards.
5) Successfully complete the minimum requirements as outlined by the State of WI for Entry Level Firefighting.
6) Successfully pass a NFPA Firefighter physical.
7) Successfully pass a background investigation.
8) Successfully pass a drug screening.
9) Previous criminal history (misdemeanor or felony) history may be grounds for rejection of application, dismissal or additional restrictions placed on the individual as determined by the Fire Chief and/or the Fire Board.
10) Work or live within the district.
11) Must attend at least 12 fire department meetings prior to completion of the probationary period.